Option 1 – Schedule an in-person appointment by calling (206) 486-6828.
New appointments are added on the first business day of the week (usually Mondays) at 8am. Please keep in mind that we serve nearly 10,000 households each year, all trying to receive help, so it may take several attempts before you can schedule an appointment. If you do not want to wait for an appointment to become available, you can call (206) 812 -4940 to request an application be mailed to you.
Option 2 – Schedule an in-person appointment online.
Click here to go to our online scheduling system. You will need the following information to book your appointment.
Option 3 – Request an application be sent to you by mail.
You may request an application by calling (206) 812-4940 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU ARE IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION, PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
An emergency situation is defined as receiving a 10-day shut off notice, final notice 24 hour shut off notice or are currently disconnected from your heating provider or out of fuel.
- Contact your utility immediately to notify them you are applying for assistance.
- If you are a Puget Sound Energy customer and you are disconnected, you must call PSE to get a new account number before applying. Please call 1-888-225-5773.
- Call the appointment line to see if you can get an appointment the same day.
- If no appointments are available, make copies of all of the required documents listed in Required Documents. You must bring the most recent copy of your shut off notice to expedite processing.
- Bring copies of your required documents to Centerstone between 9 am and 4 pm Monday through Friday. You will complete the application in-person.
- Centerstone will send the grant amount (“pledge”) to the utility after it is processed (within 1 to 2 business days) to place a hold on the account until the grant is paid. (The grant must cover at least 50% of the current balance owed for a re-connection or to prevent a shut off in the future. You are responsible for the balance on your account.)
- If Centerstone has not contacted you within 2 days of receiving your application, please contact us to find out your grant amount and next steps.
- Continue to pay your bills and make payment arrangements if you have a balance on your account.
*Please note: Centerstone DOES NOT accept faxed applications
Once you have determined how you will apply, please visit our Required Documents page for information on preparing your application.
Click here to find out if you are eligible.
How to Apply
Click here for information on how to apply.
Click here to know what to include with your application.
After You Apply
Click here to find out what to do after you submit your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for additional information on our Energy Assistance Program.