If your application is complete, it will be processed in the order applications are received. If it is incomplete, we will contact you or request that you make an appointment. You will have 10 business days to send or drop off missing documents once we have contacted you. Once your application is processed please do the following:
- Follow up with your utility
- If your service is shut off: Set up a time for reconnection with your utility. You may be charged a reconnection fee and may still need to pay the balance on your old account if it is closed.
- Find out how much you owe and set up payment arrangements if needed
- If you are a SCL customer, ask about the Utility Discount Program – (206) 684-3417Seattle City Light (206) 684-3000
SCL ELIA/Project Share (206) 684-3688
Puget Sound Energy 1-888-225-5773
- Continue to make payments to avoid a shut off. You are still responsible for any balance or future payments once the grant is applied to your account. As long as you owe money, you will continue to receive notices until it is paid. You must pay 50% of what you owe (the grant is included) to prevent a shut off (or reconnect your service).
- After the application is processed, you can call the appointment line or go online to check your grant amount. You can print your grant letter from our website.
- Wait for the grant to be applied to your account. It can take up to in 8 weeks. Keep making payments.
- If you have gas, contact us about applying for PSE HELP, a gas assistance program, or call 2-1-1 for more resources.
For additional information please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Click here to find out if you are eligible.
How to Apply
Click here for information on how to apply.
Click here to know what to include with your application.
After You Apply
Click here to find out what to do after you submit your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for additional information on our Energy Assistance Program.